Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lost but not Alone.

When I was about 7 my Mom took my brother and I to a cub scout Jamboree. This event had hundreds of boys going to it. It was going to be a 3 day trip so we borrowed my Grandparent's camper to stay in.
                    (Imagine a trailer here >>>>>  )
Well the day finally came and we started our adventure. The trip was just as fun as it sounded and we were having a blast! At one point on the trip I was going to go back to the camper by myself with my bike. I headed back thinking that I knew where I was going. In the absent mindedness that is classic to me I got lost, and by lost I mean WAY lost. I did not recognize anything! Of course I'm scared out of my mind and started to cry, thinking that I was never going to be able to find my way back.

But following the example that my Mother had set for me I began to pray as I walked, trying to find anything that looked even a little bit familiar. As I was walking I saw another group of scouts headed somewhere with a couple of their Leaders. One of their leaders saw my distress and asked me what was wrong. I admitted that I was lost and he told me that he would help me find my way. We walked around and he talked to me comforting me as we looked. After about half an hour of walking with this man we stopped to talk to someone, when all of the sudden my Brother came around the corner on his bike. So I called out to him. Come to find out we ended up about 10 feet away from the camper.

   At times in our lives we have all felt "lost". But because of our Savior Jesus Christ we know that we are never lost. He stands by us through thick and thin. And as we turn to him he will lift us. We are never alone because he has walked where we walk and will show us the way.

I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives. I know that he suffered and died for us; and that through that he knows how we feel and how to help us! Turn to him and he will make your burdens light. Please feel free to post times when you have felt "Lost" and please share this with others.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we get lost even when we know exactly what to do.

    When I was about 10 or 11, I was up in Washington state with my grandma. We were at the fair, where she runs the chicken barn. The fairgrounds are a lot bigger than at home and the have color coded gates with paint lines going through the grounds to the main gate.

    The chicken barn was by the green gate. So if I ever got lost I was supposed to follow the green line on the ground back to the barn.

    This was like my set of scriptures for the fairgrounds.

    I followed those scriptures by standing directly on top of the little green line. I wouldn't move even if I was in someone else's way. (probably wasn't nice but I was a kid.)

    However that part wasn't very distressing. It wasn't until I got to the end of the green line and couldn't see the barn that I got scared.

    I had followed the line as best I could. But I had followed it the wrong direction, and I ended up on the other side of the fairgrounds about a quarter mile away, and I was tired.

    It took me about 45 minutes to an hour to make the trip all the way from the barn and then all the way back. I didn't know what I did wrong, but I followed my dad rather than the line once they found me.

    A Prophet is much the same as my dad was that day, they tell you to follow the scriptures, and also what to do if you mess up along the way.

    ReplyDelete