Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Repaint

paint can and brush by johnny_automatic - icon of a paint brush in a can of paintThere was once a man who was down on his luck. He didnt have a job and had to find a way to make ends meet. So one day he went to talk to his bishop. The Bishop knew that the Church needed a fresh coat of paint, so he offered the man $100 dollars to paint the building. The man seeing this as a wonderful oppourtunity accepted. Well, the Bishop was a contractor and he knew that it would take $100 dollars to buy the paint so he gave it to the man and informed him what paint to get. Well, as the man was going to the store he thought to himself, "I could buy $50 dollars worth of paint and water it down. That way I can make $150 dollars instead of just $100." So this is what the man did. As he was finishing the last part of the building, a storm front blew in out of nowhere. And it started pouring down rain! The man watched desperatley as all of his hard work washed off of the building. And then out of Heaven he heard a voice which said.
"Repaint, Repaint and Thin no more."
                                                  (Repent,Repent and sin no more)

I love this joke. But I love my Savior Jesus Christ's atonement more. Im so thankful for the oppourtunity that he has given to us to "Repaint" I need his help every step of the way.
I hope this made you smile and I hope that you will either comment or share this.  

1 comment: